Always in my console started coming from countries more or less exotic, I present here two of my latest acquisitions, a Famicom the first model sold only in Hong Kong, a model quite rare since few distributed, and which has very interesting features. Then a Super Famicom,, with a small level feature video output. Both consoles are complete, with their box, even if they were obviously well lived. A ticket that is close to my heart since I lived some years in Hong Kong !
Famicom Hong Kong Version
There are several things to say about this release. The first is that it contains a transcodeur PAL NTSC vers made in Nintendo to change the color signals and make it compatible on PAL TV in Hong Kong and do not end up with a black image & white, whether by the AV also this natively on this model or the RF ! The second feature is that it has a native 50/60hz switch also ! So the console is capable of outputting signals following : PAL60Hz and PAL50Hz (it is the same as ours). By against it is fully compatible with the Japanese Famicom games without any exceptions, but not with PAL games. Third specific, as shown in this advertisement above, it had also’a localized Disk System for HK. Finally the fourth and final trivia on this model : he cohabited with the Front Loader model (NES, What at home), as illustrated by this new ticket : Nes – Hong Kong Version.
To withhold this release :
• Hong Kong Version is written on the hood.
• The banner of the console and the cartridges are light gray.
• The console cable AV home !
• Slow ⇋ Normal is actually a 50/60hz switch original, exclusive this version.
• The transformer is designed for 200V and the serial number is HVC-002HKG.
• Distributed by Simon & Toys Company Limited
• The late revisions of the console have been distributed by Mani Limited which gradually took over on Simon & Toys Company Limited :
Super Famicom Hong Kong Version
Other than that this model is completely identical to the model of Japanese Super Famicom outside design of the box video signal and its, also modified “NTSC-M”, to pass unimpeded on PAL TV of Hong Kong. The console is in 60HZ and reads out the Japanese Super Famicom games, but actually comes out a PAL signal. Note that there is also a Super Nintendo PAL-I (booked in Hong Kong and Macau), who has cohabited with the NTSC model ! The box contains exactly the same design, only the name Super Famicom is changed on the box by “Super Nintendo” and of course the console is a PAL console.
To withhold this release :
• The design of the box is unique to this version.
• The console comes out a particular signal to this version : the NTSC-M (PAL-60HZ).
• It has been distributed to the sides of a model “Super Nintendo” PAL-I switchée 50/60hz.
• There are 2 bundles Super Famicom HK, one with a handle and the other with 2, the former being more common.
• Super Famicom and Super Nintendo were distributed in Hong Kong Limited by MANI.
I full well just over my set of Super Famicom from elsewhere to this HK version that will be added to my Japanese version and my version Korean.